Thread: New Poster
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cathy,

Welcome, sorry it is due to RSD.

I would like to try to answer your question about dental work if I can. Back in mid December I had several teeth pulled and 2 posts implanted out of the 4 they wanted to put in. These posts are implanted in my jaw bone and will eventually attach to the teeth. I had my dentist numb my entire mouth, top and bottom. On February 13 I am getting the other 2 posts implanted. So far I haven't had any problems. Some on the forum will recommend a nerve block prior to any major dental work or surgery of any kind. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your PM Doc!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flare ups are just that, flare ups. They can come on out of the blue for no reason, with stress, or weather and barometric changes. If you honestly want to prevent the worst flares, move to the desert. Thats where we lived when I was injured. IMHO I don't think they really can be prevented however moving to the desert sounds pretty good to me after all this cold weather.

By the way I am older than you and probably have more aches and pains.

Good luck on the dental work.

Barb2406

Knowledge is power!

RSD since 1999 right foot and ankle from fracture of 2 bones, after stepping in a hole at an apartment complex while visiting a hospice patient. Again hunting for a new PMD.
Barb2406 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote