View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused I am new and looking for suggestions to help me find more about spinal surgery

Hi My name is Candance and my mother's name is Dottie,

I am looking for others that have success with surgery for spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease. We have tried many options but only more disappointments and more pain, so far no success, last option is now surgery, she doesnt want to live if she can't walk to rest room or live without more pain. She has suffered from FB since I can remember, but she was a great mom anyway.

I pray we can find some others like her to show their is hope for her too. Important we do this soon for her depression is getting worse because of her battle with pain she is borderline bipolar depressive of course. My mother has too much love to give this world and she doesn't deserve the pain she has endured much of her life.

I plan to move her once she has a recovered from spinal surgery, I will take care of her and move her to the big island of Hawaii where she can live a peaceful and serene and full life. I will make her dream come true and she will spend her remaining years looking at the ocean from her front porch chair and take long walks on the beach with her great grandchildren. But first I have to make a decision on a surgery solution and get her back on her feet.

My mission is to get her ready for a new life. I work many hours a the college, so I need people and their experiences, strengths, and I hope this will help me research better and quicker weeding out all the hype stories. Mayo verses Spinal Laser Institute verses back institute non invasive vs minimal invasive procedures verses the invasive traditional "Kaiser" open back fusion, most invasive, and complications are more prone such as infection, scare tissue, risky for my mother. I am already confused on which surgery is the best for my 70 year old mother, who is now wheel chair bound and wearing diapers. She cant think because of all the drugs. This has happened with in the last several years, while trying all other methods from spacers put in to stretching her spine with the unfounded machine GM9000, they keep your 5000.00 if nothing works.....to chiropractors, Aug 24 was the day she scheduled for surgery, I begged her to wait until we checked every surgery option we could find on the internet. Only if that could be simple, one thing sounds great and then another renowned "Mayo clinic" shoots it down and say they would not advise laser surgery.
They use such Language as minimal invasive is misleading, etc. I need other experiences and knowledge of fact to share with me or who can advise me on the best treatment for my 70 yr named Dottie, are you or do you know someone who's had spinal surgery success which can help me determined whats best for my mother.
The human race is more influencial that trying to research everything on the internet whether true or false, hype or not. So if you have had success with these same problems, please email me with your experiences good or bad. thank you. From A daughter whose best friend is her mother.

Also, Looking for answers on spine surgery-spinal stenosis, and degenerative disks disease, prefer less invasive surgery with good results. Also, does FB have some connection, BiPolar disorder treatment
CandyCane56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (09-04-2010)