View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had the same thing! I also had random muscular twitches pretty much all hours of the day. Just one muscle would randomly and quickly twitch somewhere in my body. Sometimes once every few minutes or every few seconds. I also had increased levels of anxiety. Do you have these other symptoms as well?

I know it sounds crazy but I ended up having something called 'leaky gut syndrome'. Basically the helpful digestive bacteria in our intestines takes heavy casualties from our usage of antibiotics, either through prescriptions or by way of eating meat from animals that were fed antibiotics. When the helpful bacteria isn't there a natural yeast in our digestive tracts called candida multiplies out of control and mutates into fungal form. It weakens our intestine walls making them more porous. This allows undigested food particles, candida, and bacteria to be absorbed into your blood supply when normally it wouldn't make it past your body's defenses. The immune system is based in the gut and quickly becomes overloaded. Over time the immune system can start to target the foods we eat, vitamins and minerals that we need, and sometimes it turns on the body itself.

Leaky gut has several different ways it can materialize into symptoms. Initially it can show up as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Some people don't show any digestive symptoms at all. Other people develop food or environmental sensitivities, allergies, auto-immune disorders, etc. In my case, I developed food sensitivities to wheat/gluten, dairy, soy, caffeine, tomatos and strawberries before I finally caught on. My twitching and the anxiety were symptoms of the food sensitivities.

Anyway, do some research into leaky gut and candida and judge for yourself. Just a heads up that the mainstream medical community is reluctant to take either of these seriously just yet. I had gone to my GP and a neurologist who both told me that my symptoms were stress related and that my twtiching was 'benighn.' I was diagnosed with what they call Benighn Fasculation Syndrome or BFS. It was really just BS though. I had to go to a homeopathic doctor to find the answers.

Anyway, I'm on a recovery plan and diet now. The twitching and sleep starts (jerking you described) are much better now, but I still have them. The damage to your body is pretty severe by the time the neurological and auto-immune conditions begin to show themselves. It takes several months to heal, but it is possible. Let me know if you have any questions. Your symptoms could be because of this too. Good luck.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote