View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I love the Kindle because it encourages me to read more. I've been reading since I was 3yrs old, and it's always been one of my favorite things to do.

I think that's why I didnt feel bad giving my K1 away to my b-in-law (well, I miss the rubbery back and big page turn buttons on that thing) I was encouraging them to read. I was kind of hoping he could get his college books on the Kindle, but they apparently havent been Kindleized yet. If I end up going back to school, I hope my books are on the Kindle, just because I dont want to have to carry anything heavy. (I'll probably end up taking online classes, one at a time)

At least he can get a ton of recreational books for his Kindle, and my sister has been using it to read the huge PDF files that she has about autism stuff that she's been reading. Said that's made it easier for them to do their reading.

The MS has been beating the crap out of me this past month. I barely have the energy to walk to the bathroom from my room. I've been using my mom's stair chair thingie to get up and down the stairs because my right leg has been so weak. So I'm staying home a lot. I'm just glad that I've got my Kindles to keep me busy and entertained with books to read.

My big problem with the Kindle is that I tend to over-buy on the books. I need to learn self control and not buy everything I want to read all at once. I need to take advantage of the samples. Just download the samples to remind myself of what I want to read next. Then I can get what I've paid for read, and not get so ahead of myself on what I want to read next. Right now I've got five books that I'm currently reading. I had to create a collection on the Kindle and name it "Currently Reading" and file those books there so that I could keep myself on track.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrkmyword (09-01-2010)