View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It seems these posts live on and on. I'm happy to report that my 10-year-old, who is now 13 is healthy and strong at this point. In retrospect, the treatment that finally helped the most was complete brain rest for 20+ hours/day. No TV, no reading, definitely no video games, no outings, nothing that would generated elevated brain activity. Baking was a saving grace and he did lots of it. Yes it was torture, and even to this day I don't really know if that was the turning point or if he brain was simply ready to heal. I do know that after about 10 days we started to see some improvement (fading of the seriousness of the headaches) and creeped slowly back into normal life. As of now, all is good. We have not seen any residual effects. He still is active in sports, baseball, basketball and skiing. He got drilled at the plate last year and I thought I was going to throw up right on the spot. He said he was fine, but thankfully my husband was coaching and had him sit for a couple of innings anyway until we were sure. Concussion #2 will always be a fear for me, but I know we are in the lucky group. Those living with PCS are in my nightly prayers.
sbosco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote