View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SOOO Disgusted!!!

Im am very disgusted with the so called newly formulated Oxycontin OP's! First off I do not snort, crush, inject or anything other then swallow my med's. I know so people like to say well if you were'nt snorting them u'd be ok. So I was in a horrible motorcycle accident a few years back. I almost lost my leg and I had my knee and hip replaced. I suffer from chronic pain. I do not have medical insurance so my monthly pain med's cost around $1850. I take 4 80 mg OC and 4 10 mg percocet for break through. It worked perfectly for my pain. All the sudden they come out with these OP's which I got last week. I took one as I should in the morning around 7 am, by 8 am I was in really bad pain so I took another, well let me tell you NOTHING! By 9 am I needed to take anotherbut I was scared to get sick or god forbid OD! But I was in a lot of pain, so I took another and that took my pain away a little. So all this week I need to take 2 if not 3 to get my pain away and to feel like I did with the original OC's. This is frickin NUTS! I will run out of my meds early and really cant afford to buy more. Purdue says they are the same that its the same chemical make-up it's just that they added something in there so people cant alter them, well I say BS! There is NO WAY that thats true. I have been on these for 5 years and know what the differece is. I don't know what to do now. One more thing, you think the FDA had a problem before, huh, you watch now all the deaths and rehabs filling up because all the abusers now turning to Heroin or something strongerthat they are not used to. This is not good people not good at all. Mark my words when I tell you this is just a start of something that is going to turn out a million times worse if the FDA and Purdue don't figure something out. Thanks for your time and I know in other forum's I had read Im not the only one speaking my mind, theres a lot of unhappy people. God Bless...
"Thanks for this!" says:
gmac (09-23-2010), LordWood (08-29-2010)