View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

mbrook,

mTBI is almost impossible to handle on your own. You need to be very strong to go it alone. Try trusting those who appear willing to listen. You will be surprised at how much they care, especially, once they understand. You definitely need to download and print out the TBI Survival Guide at http://www.drakecenter.com/file.axd?...vivalGuide.pdf

Have your friends read it too. They will have ah ha moments that will empower them to help you. many are just confused as to how to respond to you, much less help you.

Your friend needs to read it. It will help with household situations.

You probably should see a professional to help determine if you are suffering from depression. I had horrible struggles with depression from many of the concussions I suffered in my younger years.

One of the doctors I saw got me started on good vitamin nutrition and it helped immensely. I have posted many times about my nutritional recommendations.

Hormones can also get very out of balance from a concussion. A good blood panel including thyroid (T-3, T-4, TSH), sex hormones, B-12, folate, Vit D, etc. PCS subjects need to be at the high end of the normal range for B-12 and the others. Avoiding or severely limiting caffeine, MSG, aspartame (Equal sweetener) is helpful.

Let us know about your specific symptoms. There are many ways to deal with the symptoms of PCS.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote