View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sarahmae,

Everything is on a continuum with disease. PN can be a bit of tingling for one person and a death sentence for another.

For you, you have an acute onset....they know when your condition came on....and they know how....basically, the surgery....or some sequela of this.

POTS is too mild for what is going on with you, if your feet are turning that purple....POTS is a mild condition....not to say you have severe autonomic neuropathy either.

Blood pressure maintenance is so complex...it involves baroreceptors that sense pressure, and if those get damaged, there are issues. The valves, the innervation of the veins, the elasticity of the vessels...i don't know.

I am optimistic SarahMae, that you did not have this when you went into the surgery....so, the docs know WHEN this came on.

You keep researching and hanging in there. What you do have is like a POTS but a bit worse, and yes, POTS is on the continuum of autonomic neuropathy.

I am assuming they tried compressive stockings to the waist on you? Florinef or Midodrine...those are basically what they use for POTS.

This is another thought I have had...ready?....OK, when you were larger in size, your blood vessels were larger and had to transport a LOT more blood to the heart. Now that you had very rapid weight loss....could it be that you have more blood vessels and larger ones, than are suitable for your smaller body? Have they ever thought of occluding some of those vessels so you have less veins for the blood to pool in. We don't need all our veins and if you should ever need them again, they grow back, as needed. I don't think they go away tho, if not needed. You could have pooling all over, not just the legs. The splanchnic area also has a venous pool area. It is in the abdomen. You lost a lot of weight and it seems plausible that this is a matter of physics. Is it possible that your body has not adjusted to its new size?

You are a dear young woman, and I am sure they will find the cause of this.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-30-2010), Rrae (08-30-2010)