View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm not sure about too many blood vessels, but I did have a dopplar done when the pooling started, and they said it came out as normal. Would that problem show up on there?

I don't see pooling anywhere else, but I suppose it could be possible.

So you think I have something more severe than POTS? I wonder how I would find out if that is true... not that it really matters, but I'm trying to get disability right now since I'm bedridden, and every diagnosis is crutial right now... I need to know exactly how bad it is so I can tell them.. they are still asking for more information and deciding on my case.

The problem is, it was at Mayo that I was diagnosed. I can't get back to Mayo to be retested, and I don't think they do those tests around here.

I'm just so frustrated that Mayo didn't bother to tell me about this--and a lot of this could have been prevented/treated early on.

No, I have no done the compression stockings. I cannot because of the PN... I can barely handle regular socks and cannot have anything touching my feet--and they said I would have to put those on over my feet and that it would be extremely painful.

One doctor gave me a cream form of whatever it is that people take when they think they are having a heart attack... nitro something or other... to open up the blood vessels and allow the blood to flow... but it didn't do anything.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-30-2010)