View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Yes, that is a problem with PN, putting on anything like socks. I have to have a cast and I am really worried, since splints bug me, a lot.

If your feet are turning very purple, and you can't remain conscious, it is more than POTS. POTS is basically tachycardia due to the heart trying to compensate when a person stands, usually due to venous pooling. For some reason, especially in young women, the blood does not return as fast as it should to the heart. POTS is part of Dysautonomia, which is a name for slightly milder Autonomic Neuropathy.

The turning purple is very Raynaud like, but I am sure they thought of that.

For some reason, your veins are not pumping back the blood. Veins have valves, and these valves can become incompetent. Veins also constrict and dilate per nerve impluse. For some reason, your mechanism is not operating correctly. Mayo does a lot of diagnosing of POTS....they would have thought of that.

POTS is Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia. When I stand up, I don't get tachycardia....I get bradycardia....it may start slightly elevated, but after after a few minutes, it goes down. Hence me having something more complex than POTS. POTS would have showed on a tilt table, if I am correct, they didn't do that on you, since they already knew you would pass out? I passed out on the tilt. First you get sick, then you want to throw up then you just go pooof.

Anyway....people are looking and thinking for a solution for you.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-30-2010)