View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm glad the topic of Savella was brought up, but disappointed with the different experiences.

Talked with my doc today about my chronic fatigue, depression, bad anxiety and daily pain. Though my pain for the most part is bearable, I honestly don't know what it would be like to not have pain! The flares are of course just awful as you all well know. But the daily chronic pain really sucks.

I've also been experiencing much worse problems with memory and...well, I don't hardly know how to describe it! I mix up words really bad and can look at somebody I know well and have to think for a minute who they are! The funny thing is my words. For instance, instead of saying something like..."Silly me!", I'll say "Milly see!" I often don't even realize it until the person I'm talking with looks at me weird and says "HUH?" LOL

Now the doc told me that Prozac is notorious for that, but the memory thing is not. He asked me about any unusual stress. Well, normally I'd say I'm always stressed out, which is true...part of my anxiety. But this last year has been extremely stressful with my 25+ year job at the university being cut back. Being single, this new and large cut in my pay is awful.

Anywayyyyyy...he said he wanted me to come back in 2 weeks...to give me time to research the Savella...(He knows me all too well, LOL!) He knows I have a lot of fibro friends and belong to this board. So he said to take the time to research and think about taking the Savella. He said it's more like the SNRI's (?) than it is the SSRIs. It has epinephrine going for it.

I guess his thought is that it would also help the depression and anxiety and help with the chronic fatigue...help with more energy.

Then I go out and read what others have said and I think...oh for sure, I'm one of those people extremely sensitive to antidepressants and I'll probably be one of those that is affected badly.

I also suffered serotonin syndrome once many years ago and NEVER EVER want to go through that again!

Just don't know what to do! I'm happy for those few that are having a good experience with the Savella. I took Cymbalta for quite some time but ended up having an overall bad experience with the depression and suicidal thoughts, quite bad actually. So, he took me off that. I was hardly off the Cymbalta for a day and boy did I have the fibro set back in, so I knew it was helping the fibro! Aargh.

Not too excited about the $30 co-pay for Savella either. Well, if I do try it, I'll let you know how it goes. I definitely don't want to go back to headache land, being a migraneur...that doesn't sound like a side effect I want to deal with.

Thanks for all your information.

Dang, that was a long post! Sorry!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (08-31-2010)