Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Hi Mel...

The combo will help reduce blood pressure...so you may think about that.

I found it helps with cold feet during winter. But I didn't take enough to get the blood pressure reduction.

Arginine may activate herpes zoster virus...and after 3 months on the combo I started having shingles pain again. So I had to stop it. But I probably will start it again when winter sets in and give it another go.

The arginine does enhance sexual response I found...and you might like that. But both are expensive, so think about it.
Hi Mrs. D.

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks much for the info. and Guess What? I am down to 10 of the Lantus, my sugar is 110 (sometimes it's 80), and in the afternoon it's 126.

All this happened AFTER I STOPPED USING SPLENDA.

Cannot believe this. I have NEVER gotten such results.

I use Liquid Stevia because I don't know if it's the maltodextrin in the little packages of anything that might have contributed to my high readings in the morning. I posted this on the diabetic forum.

Because liquid stevia has no bulking agents, I thought I would give it a try.

I would like to make sugar free apple pie but I think I might need the stevia packets.

Anyway, NO MORE SPLENDA. For some of us diabetics, it actually raises my blood sugar (I looked it up on google). Never saw so many complaints.

So many people had the same problem. Their readings got much better when they switched to Stevia or Agave Syrup.

I use Stevia and I'm doing just fine. Imagine getting up and your sugar is 80. Never thought I would see this in all my life.

Oh, I'm eating fresh fruit too. Not too much, but it's a new experience for me.

And last night we went to a birthday party and I had a piece of REGULAR Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake.

Do you know how good it was? I can still taste it. I was afraid to take my sugar today. But no problem. It was 126.

So whatever the heck I'm doing, I'm going to continue to do it.

I just might get off this insulin.

Slow but steady.

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote