View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tied View Post
it is normal for me to be in pain but 100% seems like a pipe dream. what do they mean by traumatic tos?

many times the act of making it worse is two steps back and then one step forward. my experience modifies my behavior accordingly.

i do swear by nerve glides but they have never made it worse.
Tied, trumatic tos is brought on by an injury, as car whiplash, or one man I met had installed a garage door opener and the spring gave, whippig him and slamming to a concrete floor, there was a trumatic impact.

Football players if they get whamed and arm jerked back stretching the nerves from the bracial bundle in the neck area.
That is the most difficult to treat.

I get the deep massage therapy and most of the time I want to cry, but get the cycle of spasms to break.

Using repetative hand bike and weights feeling worse is not a good idea, just adding insult to injury to the nerves.

MY BEST THERAPUTIC PT; HELP THE HOT TUB!!!!!!
I can do range of motion, and deep heat to relax.

Boytos,
One thing that can escalate symptoms is the unknown and what to expect.
If you think of the flight or fight syndrome, the shoulders are tight and you breath heavy from the chest,
Take 10 minutes 2 times a day and sit with your hand on low tummy by belly button breathing from there. Make your head, neck, shoulders and arms feel limp. BREATH in and out, relax,
I have everyone reminding me to follow my own advise anymore and it does help. Bring the freak level down and I can promise, it will start to help.
You need someway to decrease stress on the arm and hand too....get the OT to help with that.
I have used Dragon voice recognition, but not for Excel, others have, I just have not tried it.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eric Remillard (09-08-2010)