Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

RFA? Radio Frequency Ablation?? If so, I had an RFA in April on C3/4 facet joints.

My results of the procedure were not good, I ended up with Occipital Neuralgia and associated pain from that when an adjoining nerve branch was only partially lesioned. (fried). However, it did appear to relieve pain in my original area that was caused by the C3/4 nerve roots, but C2 nerve branch was also paritally fried, thus the new pain and neuralgia....

I was told my by PM Doctor yesterday that if I required the procedure in my Lumbar or Thoracic area that the chance of the complication I had was only around 1%, he never said what it was for the cervical area but I believe I read somewhere in the 5-10% range, so lucky me.

I can neither recommend it nor not recommend it, you have to find out as much as you can from others and of course each person has different circumstances involving what is wrong with them and how to treat it. Of course, anything somewhat conservative in treating for relief of pain is better than going under the knife in my opinion.

Sorry, cannot be of much more help, but if your RFA is what I have had done, Goggle "Radio Frequency Ablation" and you should find a bit of information about it.

Jyes
Jyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote