View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Well, Mel, I'm glad you outlived the dress! Did you get a picture of yourself? (Not the one in the shower, lol!)

Pity, but congratulations on the weight loss!!! You rock, woman!!!
Picture of myself? Sure I got a picture of myself? We were at my friend's 78th birthday party. We were sitting in the back of her yard and all the lights went out. They have some sort of motion detection system going on but something went wrong and everything went dark.

One of the husbands there always (and I mean always), has his beautiful camera with him. Because we were sitting in the dark I said "can you please take a picture of me in my dress standing with Alan, let's move over to the lighted area". He says "no need, stay where you are". I said "what do you mean, we are in pitch blackness" and he says: 'Oh, this camera has infra red (or whatever special features which I know NOTHING about".

I said "you're kidding right". He said "Stand up next to Alan".

Remember, we are in pitch darkness. I stand up next to Alan, we both smile when he yelled 'CHEESE", and he shows us the photo in the camera.

There we were completely visible and Alan smiling and I looked like a washed out dish rag. There I was with full makeup on, but in the photo it looked like I didn't have a stitch of makeup on.

I said "what the heck is wrong with my face?" They all laughed and said "you look perfectly fine".

I do???? I don't think so. I know what I look like without makeup , and there I was. LOOKING LIKE I DIDN'T HAVE MAKEUP ON.

Next time I take a photo, I'm going to put on so much makeup, I'll look like Bette Davis.

Then MAYBE I just might share a photo with you guys.

You should have seen Alan's faced when I came out of the room wearing this long black lacy dress. He took a look at me and said "you're wearing that??"

I said "what's wrong, I look nice". And he said "I didn't say you looked bad, but I've never seen you wearing anything like that before".

Of course not, I used to be a size 24 1/2, you wouldn't have caught me dead in any long black lacy thing.

And the darn thing ROTS?????

can't get a break.

lol lol lol

Next time, more makeup and a photo.

till then. BE WELL.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote