View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
I was just recently dx'd with this. It is a form of TN. The pain is in the teeth and is pretty much constant. It is a dull aching pain ranging in severity. I'v found that most dentist are pretty much clueless about AO. From what I have learned, it seems the only treatment for this is older anti-deps such as Amitriptyline. Right now, I am trying the cayenne pepper route(zostrix). I hear it is common but rarely dx'd right.

No sharp shooting pains just almost constant dull aching pain around the teeth and gums. No trigger points either. I think I'm losing my mind at times.

Has someone out there dealt with this and if so, what was your course of action.

Also, x-rays show nothing is wrong after many dental procedures.

Thx guys
Hi Scoopy,
One doctor's "Atypical Odontolgia" may be another doctor's "Atypical TN" - you know the story about the 5 blind men and the elephant, right? I agree with BMW - get to a neurologist if you can, and see what they have to say. I am so sorry that you are hurting - it must be very difficult. Has anyone prescribed anti-seizure meds yet? Sometimes they can help, alongside the antidepressants and the opiates.
Best of luck, and please keep us posted on your journey - you are more than welcome here on this forum - if there is anyone who can understand what you are feeling, it's one of us.
hugs
Lily
Mylastnerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-31-2010)