View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for clearing up the fact that you are finding that you ARE improving with the treatment. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

I will absolutely be following along with your details raptly. Although we've been able to add many things back into the children's diets after a number of years of avoidance (corn, rice, lily, nightshades, some refined sugar - albeit very limited), I am truly stumped by dh's continued gastro. issues.

I'm considering doing an oregano tea cleanse and then 5-strain-dopholousing him for a week.

What's interesting to me is that he is the only one who would not do SCD. He was in Toronto at the time and only home on weekends when we did it. So, (as a good husband/father) he would do SCD, of course on the weekends. But not being so good to himself, had to have his rice pasta during the week. And he's the one person in the family who looked like a 'classic' celiac (for his whole life, right from infancy with such horrid case of anemia that my mil said his blood was yellow). So I'm figuring he's still got lots of damage to heal.

He is the only one in the family with gas issues now... granted, they are much less than what they were... but I think it could be better.

I'm also considering sending him in for allergy testing as Judy did with her son because dh runs high e's also.

We are currently in the process of dropping all corn from our diet now even though the children and I seem to do okay with it. We will probably bring it back in for corn season in the fall as a test, and then drop it again for a year.

It would be wonderful to be able to speed up that process. I think we're going to miss our 'popcorn night' every Monday when we watch 'Dr. Who'. I've got a few weeks to figure out a replacement though as we've still got a couple of bags of organic popcorn that we're going to finish off.

While dh's gastro. health continues to puzzle me, I am happy to say (knock on wood) that ds1 (our canary in the coalmine) is doing fabulously! (And the post Christmas time is usually very challenging for him because he gets contaminated somewhere along the line and it takes a good 6 weeks for him to come back - so his 'comeback time' is improving or he's not getting contaminated as easily as he grows - or something.)
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote