View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm going to see the neuro tomorrow. Probably talk to him about it then.

I'm not on a huge dose. I only take 2 1/2 baclofens (10mg apiece) when I go to bed, and occasionally take an extra one during the day. The extra that I've been taking lately has been the extra one during the day, but I havent been doing that too much. Just when the spasticity gets really annoying.

Yes I get migraines, but it's been awhile since I've had one. They do that sometimes. The migraines will stop for a few months.

I just dont understand why sometimes I feel so sick. I've been tired all the time, even after 12hrs of sleep, that I've been assuming is the infamous MS fatigue. I just dont know if nausea is an MS symptom, or if it's a side effect from something else, like the baclofen, or just from being tired as hell.

My aunt told me that sometimes taking an alcohol wipe and smelling the alcohol on the wipe will help the nausea...tried it last night. It sort of works, at least for about 20 minutes.

It's weird, I can be nauseous and not hungry, but if I try to eat a little something, it will occasionally get better and I can eat something. Strangely enough, I've only been hungry for things like gyros when I feel sick like this...or for fruit and yogurt and granola.

I dont know why I get a weird craving for gyros when I feel like crap. (no, I'm not pregnant) My dad thinks that I want the salt that's in the gyro meat, or I'm wanting the potassium in bananas for the other craving.

I'm starting to wonder if it's not the MS, but that maybe I'm developing some other crap like diabetes. I'm going to talk with the neuro about that tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure he'll want me to go get checked for diabetes (again...did it last year and earlier this summer too)

I had IV and oral steroids earlier this year. Hopefully those didnt push me over the edge into the jaws of diabetes. I'm having enough problems holding the MS back with a chair and a whip.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote