View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You might see if there is a dental school in your area. I go to one in Birmingham, AL (about an hour and a half drive). They are slower getting things done sometimes, but about half the price of going to a regular dental office. They have all of the latest technology and everything they do is overseen or checked by the instructors (hence, some of the slowness). I had all of my uppers extracted and got bone grafts in March with an immediate denture. I'm now most likely going to get an implant denture...one known as a bar retained denture. The cost there is appx 2600.00. Extremely lower than some of the prices I've seen mentioned in various threads here. They have a deal where you can get all of the top done with implant/bridges...all permanent, nothing removable for $11,000.00. I would love to do that but that is out of my range at the moment.
It couldn't hurt to find out if there is one within driving distance from you.

P.S. When I went there a few yrs back for a lot of dental work, the student that was assigned to me would go ahead and schedule an entire afternoon or day just for me sometimes to get as much done as possible to save on the drive.

If I had the cash, I would definitely go for implants, crowns or at the least, implant retained dentures. I really hate this wad of plastic in my mouth.

Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
I wrote sometime back that I am in the process of having all of my teeth pulled and will then be fitted for dentures. I am doing this at a slow pace due to other health issues that keep me from having them pulled all at one time.

My question is this ..can someone explain to me the cost difference in Denture Implants and Dental Implants. Plus the difference in cost of the regular denture implants verses the mini denture implants.

We may and I emphasis may be able to save two bottom teeth but if not then I would be interested in getting dentrue implants to help and secure the bottom denture. I have read that mini implants can be used and are less expensive.

I am also interested in implants to secure the top denture and to be able to cut back the plate as I have a pretty bad gag reflex.

I know about the expense of regular dental implants but my question is what should I expect to pay for denture implants or mini implants to secure the dentures and how does that procedure work.
LSeeber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote