15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Im sure that individuals experience side affects differently

Currently taking

4800 mg/day neurontin
150 mg/day Lyrica
90 mg/day cymbalta
50 mg/day desipramene

Neurontin made me drowsy at first, but doesnt seem to any more, I only find I have bad emotional lows if Pharmacy is slow to refill meds for last 3 on my list. Then I crash emotionally. Once I was ready to drive my car into a telephone pole because of Anxiety/Depression. Instead, I calmed down and only came home and tried to OD on insulin. Yikes. Spent a few sessions with psychologist talking about how to avoid that situation again.

Meds are the only thing that allow me to get out of the house and keep from giving up at this point. I really catastrophize when I dont get my meds and the pain overwhelms me. Even with the meds, watching what I do, so I dont over do it, and being concientious to take "Me" time to recoup once in a while is important.

I know what med side affects feel like though. When gastroparesis put me in the hospital a couple years ago they had me on so many anti nausea meds that the side affects made me feel awful. I wouldnt attempt to go off any meds abrubtly... my 2 cents.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote