View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Mari!

It would not be unreasonable for a dentist to recommend crowning teeth that have large fillings with cracks in them. The reason being is because when they remove the current filling, there will be some degree of decay that has to be removed. This means that more of the tooth has to be drilled away leaving less tooth structure to put another filling into. There has to be adequate tooth left to hold a fillling whereas a crown fits over the top of whatever tooth is left.

Perhaps you should decide why you don't like your dentist before you switch to someone you don't know at all??

If you decide to go elsewhere, then the IAOMT organization would be a good place to look for someone. You could always try someone who has been recommend to you by a friend or neighbor too.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Dear Bryanna,

I have been regularly going to dentists, but I don't have one that I like.

I found a new one that I have seen twice now.
He says that two of my teeth have big old fillings. Those two teeth are cracked and the cracks have decay. He would like to remove the fillings and crown the teeth soon.

How do I know how to find a good dentist before I let this guy do the work?
I searched and saw that you posted a link to IOMT. Are member dentists sometimes better than other dentists? I found one near me who takes my insurance.

Is there any other way to look for a good dentist?
I live in a large metropolitan area.

M.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote