View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Inflammation! This word keeps coming up in what you write, Leggs. I too have some inflammation in my spine now, which is a result of breaking my kneecap, having my leg in a cast for a long time, and now having distortion of the spine from all of that. So my back hurts. Spasms unexpectedly, very painful, hardly can walk.

What am I doing for it? Well, one thing, trying to fight inflammation. For me, Chinese herbs are a good inflammation fighter, particularly one which "cools' the body. I got these from an acupuncturist. I couldn't say if you need "cooling", but I'd need it if I had
all the chaos going on in the spine that you have, plus the other chaos in the thyroid and the nervous system.

I was afraid to take herbs, as I have not always reacted well to them. I am doing well with this coolant called Flex (Heal) by Evergreen herbs, from the acupuncturist.

Also I am doing acupuncture itself. I don't know if you can afford this...it might be worth a try. I found it wonderful 30 years ago and now I am at it again out of desperation. Also PT is gradually helping me with my spine.

But I think your spinal problem sounds different from mine, and seems to be a result of
too many meds. I wonder which ones to stop?

Because I have another disease Porphyria which makes me chemically sensitive, I have had to rely on non-drug means, for the most part, to help with MS symptoms. The Swank diet has been my mainstay for around 26 years now, but I go far beyond that when I can with the diet, going organic, being sure to have some raw food daily (not ALL raw, which is too hard to do, especially with kids), and especially getting organic
protein. I can't do that now because I am in a "facility" and I know the non-organic diet is NOT helping the inflammation. I will fly the coop as soon as I can no matter how hard, just to cook better food.

You have so many things to adjust to and think about that none of us can give a comprehensive answer. However, how about trying a couple of things: anti-inflammation herbs and foods; Swank low fat diet, low salt too to cool your overheated body. Naturopath and/or acupuncturist if you can afford these.

I would love to take back my three diseases to the store, too.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (09-03-2010), SallyC (09-01-2010)