View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 06:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi
I have been working on my MG for about 2 months and have learned each case is different. Yesterday I finally got a "expert" to say for sure I have MG. All my tests have been negative but that's not unusual. One doctor who was pretty sure I had MG said my blood work would likely turn positive in one to two years. My mother was found to have MG after several years of doctors and tests and the same with two of her sisters. I ended up at the ALS Center who handle a lot of MG patients. Most doctors and Neuro's just don't know enough about MG. As for removing the Thymus, I am going to try the meds first and save that as last resort measure I think. Right now my Mg is just affecting my eyes and a little bit in my legs.
Good Luck,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie87 View Post
Hello all just wondering if anyone else has had their anybodies come negative when they were first test and then the last two times they have been positive?? Think its weird and a little confusing, but good news is that my dr and I are now moving forward towards thymectomy in hopes to give me some relief. Now that I am on disability, i'm just trying to rest and get healthy so I can get back to my somewhat "normal" life.
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote