View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb and 11 supplements that have good validity:

The article goes on to list in table format the following nutrients that have positive research as being effective for some:
(my comments in red)

calcium ---it is now being suggested by some doctors that for patients taking high dose Vit D, that calcium supplements may not be needed, or if taken should be below 600mg daily. This is a new caution to prevent hypercalcemia.

cranberry

fish oil ---I would think Krill oil will soon follow and be added since it appears to be at least as good as and some say better than fish oil

glucosamine --I think this supplement is falling into disfavor with new studies showing less effectiveness, but some people still use it and like it

Lactase enzyme for lactose intolerant people

Lactobacillus

Psyllium fiber

Pygeum

SAMe

St.John's Wort

Vit D

I am not going to go into all the details of these, as interactions can be found on the net easily.

This site is one of many with good up to date info on interactions with drugs etc:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote