Thread: worth repeating
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Hi. I use a rolling walker when I'm out and about (which isn't that often, actually...). I used to use two canes, but my arms get too tired. The walker's great, because it has a seat for resting. Plus, everyone's so polite to me when I'm using it. But if I get worse and the walker's no longer enough (I had a week like that not long ago), I will need either a wheelchair that someone else pushes, or a scooter. Rolling my own chair would be out of the question.

I have only had MG for about a year, so I can't say whether this is "normal" for MG. Even if I really have MG, which my doctor doubts but I don't (not really), mine's not a typical case of it, and the only treatment I've had is Mestinon.

I'm sorry you've had such a discouraging time. I'm really glad you've had some improvement in other areas, especially the breathing. I get frustrated with my trouble walking, and worried about what's going to happen next, but I'm so grateful that I've never had breathing trouble.

Abby
yeah Ive got that walker (the cadillac of walkers)...insurance wont approve scooter so when there will be alot of walking , I stay home.
draggin' is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote