View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Many with severe pain & symptoms find a good recliner to be a big help, might be a bit more supportive of the whole body than pillows?
Unless you have a ton of pillows for support.

If lots of time is spent in bed - a slight propping up under the knees is usually a good idea, at least some of the time.

Just for whole body & circulation - I would really try to keep up with the walking or even gentle movements & stretches in bed or on the floor to keep the blood flowing all through the body.
Have you looked at Sharon Butlers book or website?
www.selfcare4rsi.com - she really explains a lot about how sticky fascia & tissues can cause problems for us?

Do you have neuro TOS or vascular type TOS?

I didn't have surgery- but I did see more than 2 PTs & at more than 2 places too.

I think by seeing so many I learned what was helpful, and how to tell who was good and who was not so good.

I went to 5 places & 7 different PTs and still go to my chiropractor monthly, partially due to hyper mobility and doing things still that get me out of alignment. He does PT type therapeutic modalities for me as needed so I don't need to go to any PT places in addition to him.

So don't give up on seeking out the very best PTs you can find, ask around for ones with advanced training, there's also the whole body & semi alternative care - acupuncture/acupressure, some yoga styles, feldenkrais, Alexander.

The sticky thread up above the list has info on many of these.