View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Hello my friend-

Being one who was categorized as failed back surgery syndrome and radicular neuropathic pain syndrome and I forget all of the jargon which amounted to "well..... you have nerves which are damaged permanently from your low back down those legs" I was a recipient of paddles at the T8 location of my spinal cord. We programmed the electrodes of those paddles to cover as much and as differently as possible the pain profiles I present. Right now, using my number 1 program and having it pushed up as I have left it mostly since that recent pain spike, I feel the stim and have relieve in low back down both legs. Since I am numb below the knees, I don't "feel" much going on stim wise there, although my right foot catches a bit of a tingle [which is exciting for me] on this program and this setting. Do bear in mind that my right foot neuropathic presentation also includes "Hot Foot" sensation, like boiling water, and I have not noticed anything helping that just yet [matter of fact, it is noticably "hot" right now].

Now as for the hope and any prospect that I will ever regain feeling in my feet because of this stim device use, the answer is "NO." Stim will not restore damaged nerves as its presently stated purpose is pain blocking. It truly works for that.

Time will tell for all things.
Mark56 PJ

P.S. Your doc is welcome to read this thread, by the by, if they want to follow the comments you get. I think there are some docs taking a look at my Boston Sci thread as it is a chronology. Give them your link, if you want to.
Mark its interesting to hear how you have sensation in your back and down your legs. I would suspect then that the fact you have the paddles means that those paddles are 'in place' and therefore once you have the feeling in the correct place then any movement on your part wont 'move' the sensation ,say when your lying down and then stand up? or from sitting to maybe going for a walk? because this happens to me. Great coverage lying and sitting but disappears only to my legs once I stand up and go for a walk. Im sure this will be rectified, but interesting to see the difference between leads and paddles
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-01-2010)