View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink I have both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
Hey everyone
Sorry for yet another question--they just keep popping into my head.
I'm wondering if any of you have ID tags stating that you have a SCS. Obviously I am months or years away from that point... still in the first stages. I had to get a medical ID bracelet (from Lauren's Hope) after my gastric bypass surgery. I also have on there that I have a ceclor allergy.
I am thinking about getting a new tag if I ever get some money, because I have a sensitivity (not allergy) to latex and would like to put that plus an emergency contact on my bracelet.
I am just wondering if your doctors suggested putting this information on an ID tag. If so, I will wait a little longer to get a new tag in case I end up with an SCS--they are expensive and since I have no income, I don't want to have to keep buying new ones to add more info.
Thanks!
Sarah
Hi Sarah, I just wanted to let you know that I have the card Mark was talking about (because you have to show it at the airport and whenever there is a metal detector.) But I also have an ID bracelet and I have my neurostimulator put on there along with my aortic aneurysm. I think it is all about your preference though and I know they can be expensive. I did it also because I can keep the bracelet on me in places that I am not using my purse (like when I used to tutor we locked our purses up). Plus if I am in an accident or something they will see my bracelet as well. Hope that helps Tara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-01-2010), Rrae (09-01-2010)