View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Just want to hope for you to feel Normal

Hope does spring eternal. Sure, I spent 8 years getting the education which did take our family interesting places while I earned respect and kudos and enough for our family to live well. Then alll of that was taken away. Oh sure, I still had respectability, but providing for our family is still a challenge yet to be fulfilled. We are working on it. Taking a life that you and I talked about at one time for me was fuller and being bedridden myself was not how I had envisioned my life. Even so, that is what I had.

This stim unit is enabling miraculous steps in right direction for us. I so hope the same for you. I know all too well how people treat me as "that one in the wheelchair" or the knowing glances of folks who used to work with me as one of the powerful and now they remain employed and I am.... well, not up to their snuff for the time being. Been there feeling that.

So, as my wife is fond of saying, we are taking our lemons and making lemon pie. May your pie have MUCH meringue when you attain a hoped and prayed for goal of much less pain managed through something akin to what I now know personally within me.

To me, you are as normal as the next person. Challenged yes, and normal. Your mind is incredible. I am glad to have you as my friend.

Blessings on you, you normal person you,z
Mark56 PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
I don't mean that anyone with medical problems isn't normal.. that's not what I was saying.

I mean normal as in.. you know.. most people who spend 6 years earning a college degree goes out and gets a job to use their degree... not spending 6 hard years in college and thousands of dollars in student loans just to end up bedridden and not being able to every have a job.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-02-2010)