View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Trying to get diagnosed is the HARDEST PART?

Learning how to get diagnosed properly and then get treated takes lots of work!
IT IS SCARY AS HECK! You can lose your appetite during the 'process' thru worry. BUT DON'T!
Do NOT expect the absolute worst of what you may fear. Honestly it mite be something else from out in left field such as I got? [CIDP, and acquired auto-immune disease following a long flu/pneumonia bout-not a hereditary issue at all!] THEN? I got other things, such as cancer and a few other issues. Nothing, no problem after the first one! But after the fourth? Enuf.
Take a look please at this site? http://www.neuroexam.com/content.php?p=2 Then go from there? Get a handle on what the docs are looking for? It mite not be 'hoofbeats'...ergo horses? In your case it mite not be polio related? It could be a zebra in disguise... a different kind of neuro issue, that many live with and deal with.
It could be merely 'spinal'? Or, compression of nerves or auto-immune [what I have] But many here, are all kind, understanding and KNOW what you mean about the pain! I describe it as 'I don't have the energy to cry, and it doesn't do anything anyhow' at times. True- tests, take time and the results are often 'interpreted' differently? But as long as you've got a brain and the gumption? USE THEM! There have GOT to be docs out there in the world who can help YOU! Thing is? To FIND THEM! BTW? I found mine.
Don't know about you? I don't 'bounce' anymore! When I fall? I break. Isn't fun. But? I keep getting up and walk again! Even when I'm not expected to. WHY? Because I want to prove 'em wrong! I and YOU are stronger and smarter than 'they' are! So get to work! Hugs and hope... !!!!'s Truly - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-02-2010), Addy (09-05-2010), barbo (11-08-2010), Doody (09-17-2010), ginnie (12-11-2010), Mark56 (09-04-2010), tied (01-19-2011)