View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefawn View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum, and like you I am in pain and not pleased at all with the oxycontin OP. I had mine refilled four days ago. I take methadone for breakthrough. I do sometimes have flare-ups with pretty bad days of worse pain. I thought maybe I was having that at first, then it hit me that it was because of the change in the medication. I have had four back surgeries and have low back pain that goes into my hips and down my legs. I've placed a call to my doctor today. Maybe he'll change my medication.... I don't know. Think I'll call Perdue too. I appreciate the fact that it's to prevent people from crushing it. I don't do that. I just want some quality of life afforded to me by being without horrible pain.
Best thing to do is to call your doc and let him know. I'm sure he is getting a lot of calls on this problem. He could increase your dose or change your medication.

Has your doctor considered that you aren't able to get much benefit from the Oyycontin because you are also taking Methadone which is blocking your opiod receptors ?

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !