Thread: Update on me
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kate, Shari and Debra,

Thanks so much for your replies. Kate its weird as I had a lot of pain in my gall bladder area and still do but all blood tests and scans are negative. Its the vomiting undigested food which has been the big give away as to what the condition is and the longer I think about it the more I realise that Ive probably had this condition extremely mildly for many years.

When I used to suffer with migraines regularly (more than one a week from age 11-15) I would vomit undigested food and just think oh well the migraine has caused my stomach to shut down. And there have been a few more instances over the last 10 years. But they were so few and far between that I never put two and two together until now.

It looks like it runs in the family as my sister has it as well, but as she is having heart investigations at the moment - her heart pauses and goes too slow and too fast, looks like she will get a pacemaker in her early thirties, she hasn't chased up the gastroparesis side of things.

I know this condition is common in diabetics I just wondered if there was a higher than normal amount of people with MG that have it when compared to the rest of the population?

Thanks
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
redtail (09-02-2010)