View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 06:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
yes for the most part but this is never a sure thing each of us are different but I think you will be fine. we will be sending pain free thoughts and waiting to hear how things go.
dear blue mom,

I am so sorry for your tooth problem on top of TN. I had 4 root canals on 3 teeth before getting diagnosed with TN, which is very common. I had 2 mvd to correct my TN, last one in April 2010. my Tn pain has always been in v2 running along left upper teeth and up my nose to my eye. that is why I thought it has to be teeth.
in early June my teeth started to bother me where I had the root canals. I was scared to death it was TN, but I also had a bad smell when I flossed there so bak to a new dentist I went. I went to one that knew TN. I actually had an abcess because one of my crowns had a bad fit and had caused an abcess. I had the root canal done and have a new temporary crown on. after my procedure, my pain still continues some. I talked to my neurosurgeon and he said that most definitely, the dental work can cause my trigeminal to go back off the deep end. it will take longer to have it calm down because it is used to going off the deep end. I had a compression that was finally fixed with my MVD. I do not think that my TN is back from the compression, but it still has not totally calmed down. My TN no longer responds to any of the anti seizure drugs so I am waiting.
I would have the work done, but I would talk to near or dentist about having a narcotic for possible pain. I am also curious why they have not put you on tegretol or trileptol instead of neurotin. they usually better control the pain. neurotic does help some people, but my neurosurgeon has told me it is the least effective of the drugs and caused me the most side effects.
try not to stress or panic because I have found this can cause me to be worse. I think because it just makes me not be able to handle the pain as well. I will be sending you good thoughts and let us know how it goes.

Easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-02-2010)