Thread: Tilt
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tilt

Things I Love Thursday.

This is something I got from DS. He got it from a blogger he follows who got it from someone else. Thursdays are fast becoming my favorite day. He gives me a smile when I look at the sunshine in his life.

I do not have a blog but I really liked the idea. He said that so many of the blogs he reads are people venting or complaining. We here with MS have a perfect right to air our difficulties but reading DS’s Thursday blog brings me joy. So I decided to start it in MS NT. There are often lots of positive threads. This is one of them.

This week: It started out nicely. It was the day before my 27th wedding anniversary. We decided to go out for dinner as a celebration in order to skip the weekend crowd. Italian food. Fantastic bruschetta, good glass of red wine, Caesar salad, lemony chicken, eggplant parmesan, a tiny cup of a decadent rich chocolate cake with caramel and quality decaf coffee. We felt like we were on Top Chef enjoying the very best that can be offered.

Kittens: We took the two newly adopted kittens in for a free check up. I laughed because the orange tabby, Mango, is going to be a large cat. He is twice the size with giant paws than the black/white kitten, Luna, right now. As the vet looked at his teeth, she said she had expected to see an older cat due to his size already. He still has all of his baby teeth, he is far from being full grown. She said TWICE “this is going to be a BIG cat.” I am looking at a 25 + pound feline in the end! His markings are like a tiger. I may have mistakenly purchased a wild animal!

Random thoughts: Joan Goldberg. I love this woman even though I hardly know her. We met in front of a fitness gym over 10 years ago when I was first baking breads. My friend Jeannie was teaching Pilates so we met in the parking lot for an exchange of my bread for her money. As Joan walked by, Jeannie told her she should buy a bread from me. She did and I gave her a business card. She liked the bread and started ordering from me occasionally. I would deliver to her when I delivered to Jeannie. Jeannie left 24 Hour Fitness and that was the end of Joan. Not really. Joan had lost my card so she could not contact me. She searched high and low, managed to find me, chased me down on my delivery path. She has ordered bread every week for over ten years now. I leave it at her door on the doorknob. If I saw her in a crowd, I would not recognize her. Every once in a while she sends the nicest e-mails to me. Her words are as warm as the bread when it comes out of the oven.

Kicker. I take a perverse pleasure in beating Kicker at her Trivia game. I do not like to see my name below hers! I love to play late at night just in case she is on top so that in the morning, she can discover I have snatched the victory. She is a very good sport and I wanted to include her on my first TILT.

You are welcome to TILT blog too. It feels good to talk about things I love. It will be nice to think about the happy stuff during the week to put into the next Thursday.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-02-2010), Blessings2You (09-02-2010), Dejibo (09-02-2010), ewizabeth (09-23-2010), kicker (09-16-2010), Kitty (09-02-2010), Lady (10-24-2010), SallyC (09-02-2010), tkrik (09-16-2010)