View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

N - I also agree, your life needs to be simplified, you need time for just 'you', without having to worry about your Mom calling for you. Funny, tho, as I typed that, I realized that my life is similar in certain respects, tho it's my daughter who has me 'on call'. sigh....I fear we will never have that 'empty nest' that retired people speak of.

I feel really sick today, lots of pain in my back, especially. I have to skip my normal dose of Kadian occasionally, even last night, because I sacrificed myself by giving my daughter some of my Kadian when her pain was at it's worst from her accident...I am supposed to take the Kadian twice a day, but PM doesn not give me any extra, because it is so powerful (it's like MS Contin). PM wouldn't give her anything more for the pain, as she already takes Vicodin on a daily basis, which is why I gave her some of my meds....

She is better now - finally had her stitches removed fr her knee yesterday, and no more wearing that uncomfortable 'walking cast'. She felt so good, we went out together as a family to dinner yesterday, followed by a bit of shopping at Linens and Things.

Try to have a relaxing week-end, Di, and don't work too hard!!

Hugs

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!