View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
Hey everyone
Sorry for yet another question--they just keep popping into my head.
I'm wondering if any of you have ID tags stating that you have a SCS. Obviously I am months or years away from that point... still in the first stages. I had to get a medical ID bracelet (from Lauren's Hope) after my gastric bypass surgery. I also have on there that I have a ceclor allergy.
I am thinking about getting a new tag if I ever get some money, because I have a sensitivity (not allergy) to latex and would like to put that plus an emergency contact on my bracelet.
I am just wondering if your doctors suggested putting this information on an ID tag. If so, I will wait a little longer to get a new tag in case I end up with an SCS--they are expensive and since I have no income, I don't want to have to keep buying new ones to add more info.
Thanks!
Sarah
Hi Sarah

Having had my implant now for 4 weeks, in my pack was a temporary ID card stating that I use an SCS. However, it does say that I will be sent a permanent one in due course. Not too sure how long 'due course' is. But for now I carry the 'temp' one with me in the purse/ carrycase that came with my SCS
A bracelet was never mentioned.

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-02-2010)