View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb First test spot:

I am putting the cream on my poor finger of the right hand which is giving me grief ...I'll show it to the doctor when I go this fall...but I think it is arthritis. (the middle knuckle is swelling a bit and the finger is very stiff some days, like today).

So Today is a good day, as I've had NO Aleve or Tylenol, and it is a small area to test as well. The oral meds might mask or confound any changes in the stiffness of that finger.

First impressions.... This cream is very unlike Biofreeze. There is no cool sensation from the high menthol, and the cream really needs to be rubbed in for at least 2 minutes. It remains a bit greasy for about 15 minutes and then disappears. The cream is quite fluid... more like a thick lotion IMO. It dispenses out of a tiny little hole in the top of the tube. The tube has a flip top and a special blocking plastic barrel which seals off the opening completely. Looks pretty fancy to me in that regard. So there is no unscrewing a cap.

There is a moderate odor of wintergreen, like Salonpas, but it is less than those patches. I can't really smell the menthol at all.

A little seems to go a LONG way. I will do this finger for several days and report back.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (09-02-2010)