View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Long time myasthenic with new symptoms and questions

Hi all, this is my first post here. To give a bit of background, I was diagnosed with MG back in 1995 and I had a thymectomy right away. Over the next year or two my symptoms went down to a simple annoyance. My fingers still get weak especially with extra-hot or cold weather, and a few muscles here and there (especially my throat) I notice can be a little bit weak sometimes.
I don't remember ever having double vision, at least not for more than a few seconds. The only ocular weakness I ever had was in keeping my eyes closed, like when pulling off a t-shirt I had to be careful to not let the shirt pull my eyelids open! And I can no longer close just one eye, like to take a picture with a camera.

Anyway, that all being said..... Yesterday I had a fever of 101-102 (don't know why, just got some virus or other), and since I was at work I let it go and ended up being feverish for about 7 hours straight. This morning I woke up with double-vision that last about an hour. Even now, mid-day, my eyes are taking a second to refocus when I turn my head. So my question is, could the fever have caused a NEW symptom to pop up, even though my symptoms have been minimal for over 10 years?

Thanks all for your insight!
CJ
cerene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote