View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Hi, CJ. Welcome. This is a good group of people.

The short answer is yes. Anything that stresses out the immune system can bring on MG, either initially or after it's "behaved" itself for a while.

Have you called your neuro? And have you seen your primary doctor for that fever? Don't simply think it's a virus and disregard it. Are you on any MG meds right now? At the very least, if you are not on Mestinon, you could ask your neuro to prescribe some.

So many things could cause a fever. West Nile Virus, Lymes, tooth abscess and the list goes on and on. Don't mess with it! Call your doctor.

I hope your MG won't progress and you can get back to it being only an annoyance.

Annie
Thanks Annie, your reply is helpful and logical, I appreciate that!! I'm sure my double vision was indeed my MG "rearing it's ugly head" due to the fever.
As far as seeing a doctor, no I haven't.
I was thinking of going to my primary just to check on the fever, even though I seem fine today, especially since I'm going out of town on vacation on Saturday.
I haven't been to a neuro in a LONG time, since I've had no change in my MG and have not been on any meds. I was thinking about discussing Mestinon with a neuro tho (haven't taken it in about 10 yrs) .... I wasn't sure about it's affectiveness at this stage of the game. I take it that you think it would help?

Of course now with this new occurance I'm definitely thinking of persuing getting some mestinon. At the very least have it handy if anything pops up like this again.

Thanks again for your help!
CJ
cerene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote