View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Numb too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leever View Post
I have had anti-mag neuropathy for about eight years, mainly numbness in my lower legs and now progressing to my hands. I was treated with rituximab a few years ago with some success. Today I received the results of a blood test that is not good news. My neurologist is talking about another round of rituximab but I'm not sure how it will be paid for. I have shared information about my condition on this blog: ** Feel free to check it out and or comment.
I am a 75 year old male. I, too, have anti-mag neuropathy dating back about 10 years. Numbness in lower legs and feet has affected my balance to the point where I walk with a cane. Have had muscle wasting. The head of the neurology dept. at Virginia Mason in Seattle calls my neuropathy "bad." I had a once a week infusion of Ribuximab for four weeks about 6 weeks ago. I know this has helped some, but so far I've noticed no improvement. Medicare and my supplemental insurance paid for it. It's quite expensive. There doesn't seem to be much else I can try. I'm glad you had some success with Rituxan and hope it works for you again.

On the bright side, I have little pain and am still able to boat and fish.
jrip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote