View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
We have WOW for our cable/phone/internet. lately my TV has been 'digitizing'. I had never heard of the word! For lack of a better term when I called WOW I called it start/stop and she called it freeze frame. So they sent out signals several times to my TV, sent out techs 3 times and it is still doing it. Today the 3rd tech came out, acted very concerned, used enough big words I thought he knew what he was talking about. Told me he was 99.99999% sure it was fixed but just to be sure gave me his work cell number and to call him if it came back. He would have it on all eve and turn it to voice mail at 10 PM. So after supper (our 38th wedding anniversary) we came home, put on Wheel of fortune and it was digitizing again!!!!

So I put in a call to my nice service man and it goes to voice mail. I give a message and wait. 90 minutes later a call again and leave a message. So 30 minutes later I call WOW and give my story and tell them that it has to be fixed and ASAP!!!!! She gives me a date for next Tuesday! After I convince her it is quite unacceptable she changes it to Sunday but the call time is all day, no 2 hour window. So I am stuck at home. No church, no nothing. After I regrettably accept it the dear thing asks if there is anything else she can do for me. I wanted to tell her where to shove it. And every time she puts me on old I get to listen to WOWs upbeat music and propoganda of how many service awards they have won and how wonderful they are. So after I hang up I decide that I am not done with them.

So I call back and immediatly ask for a supervisor. The person asks for a brief description of what it is about and then puts me on hold again to listen to the musical propoganda. So this really super nice guy comes on, listens, gives me a time for tomorrow morning for either a lead technician or supervisor and he will call me tomorrow afternoon to see ow things are. He was so nice. I also told him as an FWI that that particular propoganda tape should not be used during a complaint call. So i got off the TV early, got my nice quiet music and got on my computer to relax. Hopefully everything will get fixed tomorrow.
YOU GO GIRL!!! Those big companies need to hear they aren't so wonderful every so often. Good luck with the repair.......and Happy Anniversary!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-03-2010), Twinkletoes (09-03-2010)