Thread: Update on me
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi Annie

Thanks so much for those sites I have had a look at them this morning and have emailed them onto friends and family as it explains it much better than I ever could.

I dont remember having a virus which triggered it off and having thought about it over the last few months I have realised that I have thrown up undigested food for many years. The first time I can remember was 1993, the second time I remember was in 2000 after my hen night - I was pretty drunk but we had started the evening with a chinese and that came up 10 hours later completely undigested - sorry for being graphic.

I have also suffered with migraines from age 11 and can remember when I had a migraine I would vomit but again during a migraine attack it would be undigested food.

So it has been going on for years but not enough to actually trigger something to say that something isn't right. Its only in the last year I have developed constant nausea and only in the last 6 months has this really developed into the vomitting of undigested food on a regular basis.

Despite requests to Drs to have a sleep study reuest this has been denied, as have requests to see a pulmanologist with a speciality in neuromuscular disorders. As many of you will be aware I have actually been dropped by my neurologist as their is nothing neurologically wrong with me in their oppinion. Funny that I have now manifested a neuro muscular disease.....alongside all my other crazy symptoms.

I dont really use Mestinon anymore, I only use it when my eye drops completely or my face drops or I have breathing issues. It resolves these problems in around 20 minutes. I probably take it once or twice a month now. I had to limit the mestinon as it makes my stomach pain so much worse as it stimulates the gut. Even if I take probanthine it still is excruitatingly painful.

Due to weakness caused by MG? or Lack of food my energy level / activity level has dropped significantly. I probably spend around 6 hours a day out of bed maximum. The rest of the time I am asleep or resting. So my need for mestinon has greatly reduced becuase of this.

I dont take sublingual B12 I am taking 50MCG of cyanocobalamin a day. I supposed to take them in the morning but I usually find my nausea is at its peak then, so I wait until it subsides and then take it. I dont think I am processing it as well as I was as my feet have started to go numb again in the last day or so and my hands are worse than normal. I didnt have the injections as I find them so painful - afterwards not during. I had two intra muscular injections back in May and the injection sites have only just stopped being sore.

I am hoping to get some better B12, however I am waiting for a blood test at the end of this 3 month course. I dont want to take any extra as I would like to see what has happened with my serum levels after this course and if I have absorbed enough through my stomach. As if the serum levels haven't incresed dramatically is further proof my stomach isn't working. A b12 deficiency tends to go hand in hand with gastroparesis. Hence why I want it to show up. Once and this may take time ...diagnosed then I will sort my self out with some heavy duty sublingual B12.

I think I am probably suffering from all sorts of deficiencies at the moment I have a crazy sore tongue, with a great big strawberry red patch on it, I think this means aneamia? So again its just more proof that Im a bit poorly lol.

Suev - thank you so much for your post. Fingers crossed 2011 is a better year for all of us.

Love
Rach

ps sorry about the spelling mistakes but Im loaded on morphine!!!
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote