View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I hate when they do that.

Have you done any trouble shooting on your own?

1. turn OFF your cable TV box, and UNPLUG it. allow it to sit for at least one full minute. Then plug it back in. This allows the box to reset itself. alot of times this single act fixes it. Please be patient while the box reloads. Turn off and unplug your TV at the same time if you want, but I dont think its your TV, I think its the Cable company and let me tell you why.

Cable companies rely on satellite signals, and right now there is a HUGE 400 mile wide storm over the east coast line, and that blocks their recievers from getting the signal from the satelitte. This causes pixelated or digitilized pictures on the customers end. its like the picture either freezes in place or you get a screen full of little broken up blocks. this is a reception problem on THEIR end. Once the interference passes, the picture normally returns. This happens frequently on Direct TV or other companies that rely directly on satelitte feeds, but cable companies that use the standard cable that drags from the pole to your home normally provide better services than this.

No TV on a Holiday weekend STINKS! Good for you to raise a fuss.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (09-03-2010), SallyC (09-03-2010), Twinkletoes (09-03-2010)