View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Suicide, reply to Allfe

Hello, Allfe: Thanks for your comment. My heart goes out to you regarding the loss of your son. I do not have children; however, I cannot imagine a greater loss to any parent than that of a child.

I understand your approach of trying to dissuade people from taking their own lives; I would do no less if I were in your shoes. However, as my physical condition worsens and I am determined not to be a burden either to my family in particular or society in general, I become more and more convinced that death can in truth be a solution -- at least to certain, very special problems. I should note that last year I contacted two Swiss organizations, Dignitas and Exit, to no avail; both deal with cases such as mine. I would certainly like to take my life in a way that is not dangerous to myself or others, and have something in mind.

Darkness is setting in, along with profound sadness -- something beyond depression ("melancholia," perhaps). Again, more and more, I see no way out.
lebelvedere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-05-2010), Alffe (09-04-2010), barbo (11-08-2010), Doody (09-17-2010), ginnie (01-02-2011), Mark56 (09-04-2010)