View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kel and dahlak,

You both gave me the info that I need. I am already beginning the clawing, if I don't pay attention to the two fingers they automatically turn in towards my palm. I try to remember to continuously straighten them and flex them. I will put my hand on a solid surface and press gently down to keep them straight.

The skin is beginning to feel too tight for the fingers. I am afraid that the nerve damage may be permanent. I will be seeing my ortho next Monday.
I do think I will opt for the surgery if he thinks it will be beneficial. When I spoke to him on the phone and described things, he stated that the surgery may not even help because I have lost muscle mass in the palm and all the way up the forearm. This has all happened since mid-November.

My fear is that I may lose all use of the arm. So I will heed the advise of both of you and after I see the doctor I will have some big decisions to make.

There are other factors to be considered. Will he do it while I am on the prednisone for one. That drug has caused me to now have exogenous diabetes and cushing's, plus Mayo found calcification in the aorta right next to my heart. So we will see how much risk this puts me at for surgery. There are other issues that may not make me a great candidate for an operation.

Thank you two for giving me your input. I so appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Judy
heyjude5050 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote