View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Tabby it's way too early in his hospitalization to know if he will cooperate, take the prescribed medicines and go to group therapy...assuming they do group at this hospital. This is so scary for you...I'm glad your mother is in the picture and is a support for you.

How long have you been married if I may ask and is he working? You know that you cannot let him hold you hostage with the threat of suicide...that won't work for either of you. None of us can be responsible for another persons life...it is and must remain their responsibility...I understand that you love him and want him to come home and be well.

Paul Quinnett, in the book "Suicide The Forever Decision, talks about a bug being trapped in the bottom of the cup. He says,

"While human beings are bigger and supposedly smarter than bugs, I am not so sure of that, when it comes to getting ourselves out of the cups we find ourselves in, we always do a better job of it. Once we are into a particular set of problems, I am not so sure all of us can think our way out of them - at least by ourselves."

And that's why I am glad that your husband is safe for now, in the hospital, getting professional help. He might not like being there but it's where he needs to be.

Please know that we are here for you.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-08-2010), barbo (09-03-2010), Koala77 (09-04-2010), Mark56 (09-04-2010), Rrae (09-03-2010), tamiloo (10-25-2010)