View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 01:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gemma17 - Talk to your mom, your teachers and the school. It's important that you scale your return back to school. Don't feel bad if you were injured in December and not fully recovered yet. It takes time and everyone recovers at different rates. My daughter's injury was back in October and she is finally able to get up and make it to school full time. 2 months ago (which is about where you are at), she wouldn't have been able to do it - even 2 weeks ago - it was iffy as to if she would be able to get up on time.

She's only been in a school a week - and so far - she is doing ok. I don't know how she will do once the work load increases. Some of the things we have done that I think have increased her energy levels (which take a while to work) are Upper Cervical Chiropractor, a good multi-vitamin with D3 & Iron, LOTS of water (75+ oz daily) & fish oil. The increase in fluid has to help with light headedness issues & headaches.

She still has headaches but they are not as constant as she had before. She’ll have periods without them and when she gets them, they are usually not as bad. She sat through a loud assembly at school and was ok today. The one things she still has issues with is stress. It really effects her harder than it would before. Stress reduction techniques really help – breathing, positive thinking, yoga, etc.

Please tell you mom and let her help you with this. As a mom, I would want to know and help.

Last edited by nancys; 09-04-2010 at 02:13 PM.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote