View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Sounds like you have it covered pretty well, and with knowledgeable drs & therapists.

The swelling and blueness isn't from vein involvement???

I've never heard of the "tiger alley " or measurements of it.

Hospital stay sounds about right , it all depends on how you are doing.

Most swear by having a recliner at home for sleeping at least for the first while after being home, or lots of pillows for propping & comfort.

It 's good to hear they are taking the whole top rib and not leaving a stump, sometimes that is a problem from past reading about it online.

I'll add "upcoming surgery questions" to your title so those with surgery experiences will be sure to see it.

I'm sure the Blueness and swelling is from the vein.. the blood not getting back to the heart right? Avery said and looking at my MRI you can see the Artery get cut off when I move my arm, so I know that for sure, but sometimes when I'm not "doing" anything its turning blue..... 2-3 times a day, almost everyday this whole week a huge change.

My Surgeon call the space between my clavicle and 1st rib "tiger ally" (alot is crammed in that tiny space) they gave me my measurements on each side, but never told me what "normal" was, I do know I dont have an extra rib. im glad he want to take the whole rib as well, he said he has seen it cause problems when they dont.... I like the idea of him testing the functionality of those 5 nerves during the operation.. Any idea on the MRA shows I have on boths sides, just only one is causing me problems, should I be worried about my "good" side ?
TOS Gerl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-14-2010)