View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Present

Hi Everyone,

It's great to see so many familiar faces here on NeuroTalk. I hope you are all doing well.

As many of you know, I was banned from BrainTalk yesterday for starting a thread solely intended to help an American woman with newly discovered food intolerance in Iraq. I am still trying to figure out what happened.

I got a message from the moderator stating that I was being cited for "Inappropriate Language", to which I responded strongly by saying that I had no idea what he was talking about and asked that it be changed, as it implied that I had used foul language (which I clearly had not). This "Inappropriate Language" infraction showed up on my Public Profile with no explanation of the charges, thus the demand to have it removed or changed. He wrote me back stating that, upon review, it was obvious that the charge was wrong and it should have been "Solicitation", worth 100 points and warranting an immediate ban. There was no reasonable explanation for the solicitation charge and the thread was immediately removed.

Now, what was that all about? Vendetta? Did I hurt his feelings?? Solicitation for trying to get some help for a person with our condition who was in need? All I really wanted was some guidance and to see if there were already programs in place to help out a person in this position. Plus, I thought the readers would want to hear of a long-distance success story. She was doing great on the diet but needed help in continuing. You'd have thought I was asking for members to send me cash ande cursing them if they didn't. My head is still spinning from the experience.

Anyway, I am glad that so many of you who know me are here on NeuroTalk. I was getting a number of inquiries (all handled free of charge, of course) through BrainTalk who wanted to know more about the elimination diet, especially for epilepsy. I feel like a major bridge just collapsed.

I hope that I can come on here occasionally, learn something, and share my research and success stories with you. The astounding successes of gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free diets are becoming more and more well-known but every avenue of information helps.

Thanks for being here,
John
DogtorJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote