View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglet View Post
imho, get the shot. I didn't, and lived to regret it. I got swine flu in June (mid winter for me), that wasn't so bad, just regular flu, but the pneumonia that it developed into was hell. Four weeks off work, not to mention the fatigue that followed it that I have only recently got over it.

Talk to your doctor, but unless there is a good reason to avoid the shot, I highly recommend it. My doctor said he's seen a lot of cases of the flu turning into pneumonia this year.

just my personal experience of the flu this year - not one that I would care to repeat. Next year I will make sure I have both the flu shot and get a pneumonia shot.
cheers
raglet
I had H1N1 last winter as well (swine flu..) and it wasn't fun, but I didn't get as sick as some have... lots have died from it--it wasn't that bad for me, but worse than the regular seasonal flu.

I didn't know there was a shot for pneumonia--is that new or has it been around for awhile? I've never year of that.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote